The Most Delicious Breakfast Ever:
Are you liking like me? Always rushing in the morning – barely have the time to take a shower and get dressed; forget breakfast! (Unless you are living with your wonderful mother who wakes you up with a steaming cup of tea and breakfast) then this is for you!
If you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen my never-ending love for a delicious jar of over-night oats. These tiny little colourful ingredients somehow have the power to make my morning mouth-watering and fun; also don’t forget healthy.
My work schedule is very different compared to everyone else. I start work early at around 6AM and directly eat breakfast at around 8AM. These two hours are extremely crucial to me where my body was sadly left starved or sometimes overwhelmed with food. I did the next best thing; Google! What can I eat early in the morning that’s not too filling and is also easy to make? That was my answer – frozen overnight oats and fruits jar.
The recipe is extremely simple; honestly there is NO basic overnight oats recipe. The trick is to keep your fridge stocked with a lot of yoghurt and fruits. Voila! You are then blessed with the yummiest and quickest breakfast of your life!
Here are the basic ingredients you need:
*1/2 cup rollet oats
*1/2 milk (I try to use almond milk as a healthier option)
*Chia Seeds/Flax Seeds
*Greek Yoghurt (It can also be flavoured; like blueberry or mango)
*Lastly; FRUITS (any types whatever is available near you)
Now lets begin with the steps!
- Start with mixing the oats and milk in a bowl. I lightly microwave them for about 30 seconds so that they are smooth
- Next move this to a jar or a bowl – whichever is convenient. I usually put them in a jar as its easier to carry them to work
- I add 1/2 a cup of greek yoghurt and spread it on the oats (only because I don’t want to make it too heavy) you can add the full cup. I use the Epigamia Yoghurt in the flavour blueberry which is my favourite
- Then sprinkle some chai seeds on top; a handful is perfect.
- If here you see that your jar is beginning to dry up, add a tiny bit of milk so that oats don’t dry up. Dried oats are not at all palatable
- Add your choice of fruits! I add mangoes, bananas, plums and pomegranate
- Lastly, add dry fruits. Almonds, cashews, raisins etc! They are extremely healthy and also keep your tummy full for a long time.
- Keep the jar tightened and refrigerate and eat this yummy, delish thing as your breakfast! Its perfect for summers, super-handy and also affordable!
Why Are Oats & Fruits important?
I can assure you that this gooey fruit and oats jar is 100% delicious and will remain forever tasty if you can keep swapping ingredients based on season. You can also try peanut butter, strawberries, pineapples or even chocolate! Its all up to you to make it as delicious as possible 🙂 Honestly speaking, I have not met a single soul who has tried this and NOT liked it!
One jar should cost you anywhere about 200-250 calories 🙂 and 100% nutrition and taste.
If you are trying this please don’t forget to tag me on your posts! I would love to know 🙂